This summer was a busy one for our family. We were blessed to be able to move into a more spacious home, but with
Beth’s migraines also took a turn for the worse amidst the severe summer heat (apparently the hottest on record in our area). She is now working with a nutritionist to try to pinpoint any foods that may be triggering the headaches.
We were able to sneak in some rest & relaxation during a week of vacation on the Outer Banks with Beth’s family. And, Eric was able to take a seminary class at Reformed Theological seminary in Washington, D.C. along with our pastor, Kevin Hass.
Julian has finally stopped growing like a weed (well, he’s still growing, but fortunately for our clothing budget, he’s slimming out a good bit). He turned 18 months old on August 3 and is a ball of energy. His favorite things are dogs, bubbles, Sesame Street, and playing his daddy’s drums.
- For good health as we head into the busiest month of our year (August 15-September 15) which includes 2 student retreats, speaking at multiple large group meetings, and meeting lots of new students.
- For the time we spend serving in our own church (By Grace Community Church) as we move into a new building in the Newport News City Center.
- That our leaders would be willing to sacrifice of their time, energy and desires in order to minister to those around them
- Particularly for small group leaders, that they would be bold in invitation and confident in their knowledge of the Gospel
- For the Freshmen of the Class of 2016 – that those who do not know Jesus would come to saving faith through the witness of fellow students.
Read other posts from our August 2012 newsletter: