As we celebrate the Lord’s coming this Christmas, we have so much to be thankful for.
- In the last 3 months, many of you have responded to our request for financial partnership. Our goal was to have 20 new families/individuals supporting us at $100/month or a single gift of $1000+. So far, 7 of you have committed to supporting us at this level, cutting our deficit from $20,000 down to $12,000. Praise the Lord for His provision!
- We also asked you to pray for our health and all 3 of us stayed healthy the entire semester (something that is basically unheard of with a small child in the house)!
- We’re also so grateful for the new believers in our chapter, and those who were refreshed by the Gospel this semester. At Fall Conference, we had 7 students come forward to “take a donut” (chapter tradition) and say that they either made a decision to follow Christ for the first time or made a major recommitment this fall. Wow!
- Pray for Eric, our intern Rob, and the 17 CNU students who are attending the Urbana Missions Conference December 26-Jan 1st. Pray for safety in travel and for their hearts as they hear about opportunities to serve God all over the world.
- Pray for Beth as she begins 12 week trial period with 2 new migraine preventive medications. Her neurologist feels strongly that this is the next step for her as we continue our journey of life with migraine disorder. Pray that her body would adjust well with minimal side effects, and that we would trust God’s sovereignty over her health and body.
- Pray for our students as CNU has a very short winter break this year, that they would be able to return to school rested and refreshed. Particularly, pray for 2 of our seniors, Christian and Elizabeth, who are applying for InterVarsity staff. Also pray for our chapter as we prepare for Chapter Retreat on January 25-27.
- Lastly, please pray for our funding, as $12,000 is still a large deficit, and we have recently had several more donors have to reduce their giving. Pray specifically that we would be able to raise this money quickly so that it does not have to come out of our paycheck at the end of the school year. Pray that we find 13 new monthly donors and add 2 more churches to our support team.
If you are interested in supporting us financially with a one time, year end gift (or setting up a series of recurring monthly gifts), you can do so online at https://donate.intervarsity.org/donate/to/cnuivstaff .
View other articles from our December 2012 newsletter: