For our discipling relationships
- We are both spending more hours meet one-on-one with students this semester than we did last fall. Part of this is working to equip a team of leaders who are mostly younger students (sophomores). We have also sought to have more meetings early in the year with freshmen who are missional-minded in an effort to strengthen our chapter’s growth and outreach.
- We have 6 week period in late October through November where we will be working every weekend. Please pray that the time we take off during the week for rest will be restorative, and that God will bless us with health and energy as we travel and run events during things like Homecoming and Fall Conference.
For Fall Conference
- Our theme for this year’s conference is sexuality. We are praying for 80 students to attend. This is a higher number than in previous years and also a challenge for us as we have watched large group numbers drop this fall. Pray for our small group leaders as they recruit (and lead small groups at conference for the first time)! Pray for staff as they take on new roles and try to help students navigate the waters of deep hurt and brokenness that come with discussing the topic of sexuality.
For our family
- We always ask you to pray for health — and we are going to continue to ask you to pray for health! I (Beth) am still having some migraines but they are greatly reduced. We now know that this is due to a combination of major lifestyle changes – training at the gym 2-3 times a week to strengthen my body and eliminate muscle pain, vast changes in diet, and receiving shots for severe allergies. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your prayers for us on this journey.
- Julian is loving preschool! Pray for him to also stay well amidst being around many other children…and we’re unashamed to ask for prayers as we work through potty training!