Here are a few ways you can pray for us in December & January:
- Pray for rest and health as Eric and I travel to Rockbridge Alum Springs Camp in Goshen, VA for our Regional Staff Conference. Julian is staying with his grandparents, so this is the first time we have been able to attend regionals together since before he was born. Pray for a refreshing time with the 80 other staff from across VA, NC & SC and that we’d feel encouraged and equipped by the training we receive.
- Pray for our time with family over the Christmas holiday. We are spending the week before Christmas and Christmas Eve at our own home for the first time in our marriage! And we’re looking forward to the rest that will provide, as well as fellowship with friends here in Newport News and being able to attend Christmas Eve service at our own church.
- Pray for our students as they travel and spend time with family over the break. We meet increasingly large numbers of students who have very broken relationships with family and do not look forward to going home. Pray that the Lord would sustain them and give them hope.
Alumnus Brendan Harris and student leader Julie Heins practice Christmas music before our last large group.
- Pray for our travel to St. Louis, MO, January 7-11, for InterVarsity’s National Staff Conference. We’ll be hearing messages around the 3rd part of InterVarsity’s visions statement: “Our vision is to see…world changers developed”, and gathering with other staff from across the country.
- Pray for our funding, and consider giving a year-end gift. We are looking for about $10,000 in new funding to meet our budget for the 2013-2014 school year. 10 individuals giving single gifts of $1000+, or 10 families committing to monthly giving at the $100-$150/month level would meet this need.
If you’re interested in sending a year end gift, you can do so at www.intervarsity.org/donate/to/cnuivstaff.
All gifts are tax-deductible and as always, you will receive a receipt for your giving.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas this year! Here’s a short clip of some Christmas tunes from our last large group to cheer you as you go.