Here are a few ways you can pray in the coming months.
1. Praise God for his work in students’ lives
See our article about all the deep, personal heart-work Jesus did in January & February.
Also praise God for our first Spring Break trip in the last 4 years! Our intern Brent Campbell took 6 CNU students to downtown Richmond to engage in a program called CHAT – Church Hill Activities & Tutoring. CHAT was founded in 2002 by a group of folks including former IV staff Percy Strickland, and serves the youth of the Church Hill area. Please pray that this can become an annual trip that exposes students to the opportunities serving in urban ministry.
2. Pray for our students during the upcoming campus events:
- Leadership selection for the ’15-’16 school year: Staff & Vision Team will meet multiple times in March to read applications, pray, discuss, & decide who will be our leadership team for next school year.
- Guest speaker Dr. Andreas Kostenberger, author of Truth Matters: Confident Faith in a Confusing World. Dr. K will speak at large group on Thursday, March 19, 7:30pm in the Gaines Theater. This event is open to the public – please bring a friend and come hear one of the best speakers we’ve ever hosted at large group!
- Rockbridge Chapter Camp: May 3-8, 2015. Please pray for camp recruitment as the training offered there is so valuable for our leaders! Also pray that we would have enough scholarship funds to cover the students’ needs. If you’d like to give toward this opportunity, you can do so here: https://donate.intervarsity.org/donate#14399. A full scholarship for one student is $350.
3. Pray for our family in the following ways:
- Decisions about school for Julian – we’re in process of checking out several schools for either K4 or K5 and would appreciate prayers for wisdom as we make a decision on what is the best fit for our family.
- Surf & Sound Events – please pray for Eric’s ability to balance his responsibilities well and enjoy the work that God has given him in both Intervarsity and in his DJ side-work. Praise God for growing our business in the first year, and feel free to check out our new website (www.surfandsoundevents.com) and pass on our info to anyone you know who’s looking for a DJ!
- Ministry Partner Development – pray for continued addition of new supporters and energy for us to fundraise well even as our energy wanes with the close of the school year.